ST. PETERSBURG--Environment Florida announced today their endorsement of Mayor Rick Kriseman’s re-election campaign.
Environment Florida’s members and supporters believe that defending our environment requires independent research, tough-minded advocacy, and spirited grassroots action.
Mayor Rick Kriseman exemplifies these very ideals.
We know that Mayor Kriseman will continue to stand up to the polluter lobby and protect our water, air and open spaces for generations to come. Here are just a few ways Mayor Kriseman is defending the health and well-being of our environment and our families:
- Both as a state legislator and mayor, Mayor Kriseman has consistently opposed attempts to drill off of Florida’s coasts.
- Mayor Kriseman was the first mayor in the southeast United States to pledge to move their city to 100% clean, renewable energy.
- Mayor Kriseman implemented a $300 million infrastructure plan to upgrade the city’s aging sewer system, which will improve St. Petersburg's ability to prevent wastewater pollution during heavy rains and high tides.
- Mayor Kriseman launched curbside recycling, ending our status as the only major city in Florida without recycling.
- Mayor Kriseman created the Office of Sustainability, which will help ensure St. Pete has a plan to address the extreme weather and other impacts of climate change that put our community at risk.
That is why Environment Florida is encouraging St. Pete to vote for Mayor Rick Kriseman on, or before, Tuesday, November 7th.
We all want clean air, clean water and open spaces. But it takes independent research and tough-minded advocacy to win concrete results for our environment, especially when powerful interests stand in the way of environmental progress. That’s the idea behind Environment Florida, Inc., a project of Environment America, Inc. We focus exclusively on protecting Florida’s air, water and open spaces. We speak out and take action at the local, state and national levels to improve the quality of our environment and our lives.
Paid political advertisement paid for by Environment Florida, a project of Environment America, Inc., independently of any candidate. 3110 1st Ave. N, Ste. 2H St. Petersburg, FL 33713. This advertisement was not approved by any candidate.